Monday, August 08, 2005

Traveling and courage

I read this blog today that I really liked.
It was funny because it`s nice to see that somebody has the same attitudes and priorities as myself, when it comes to traveling.
I saw a comment in the first post, which made me laugh a little.
It said something about how impressing it was that he was living like that.
I find that funny because to me that sort of life has never been "impressing", it has been necessary.
to me it`s more impressing when some people live in the same country for 20 years and keep the same job (which they maybe not even like). Maybe not impressive in a good way, but I am really stunned about this way of living.
I once tried to have a "normal" job. Worked in a shop for toys (Thought it could be a little more fun, since I could be around kids etc...) It was a pain, I lasted in the job for 4 days, then I resigned.
My point is, to not travel and to not do exactly what my should leeds me to do, just kills me. I wouldn't survive.
So like when I went to the Caribbean for 8 months and lived there, and people found it impressive and thought I had a lot of courage, I just thought. "Would need a lot more strength and courage to stay in this cold (both socially and weathervise) country"
So, now I am soon off again. Just havent made up my mind 100%
I am thinking about Barcelona, but am a little uncertain, because it doesn't feel 100% right.
Maybe I should just pack up a little stuff and live a gypsylife just going where my heart leads me for a year?
or at least until my money runs out.
XXXX
Aasa

5 comments:

  1. Nothing ever is 100% right. Sometimes you just need to put your worries beside and just do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hhhhm, yes, but this feels less right than the other choise.
    My heart just wants to go traveling around, my reason says "Go for Barcelona"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, i was very glad to find something like that. I have already posted somthing about Barcelona :)

    Hablo sí español. Lo aprendí mientras que vivía en la República Dominicana y en lugares differentes en España.
    Soy de Noruega originalmente, pero mi corazón pertenece al mundo.
    WOW! México, siempre he tenido un deseó ir allí.

    Que tengas un buen dia tambien.
    :)
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether it's Barcelona or travelling, I say pick whatever one feels right and do it. Everything generally works out in the end any which way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hhhm, yes...true, thing tend to work out for the best.
    ...or maybe that depends on the view you have on life?
    :)
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete