Sunday, July 24, 2005

Transcendental experience



I was in the forrest again, walking on the path that was made by human feet.
After having walked there for a while I was passing a spot in the forrest where the light seemed to be stronger and was nearly flooding in through the trees. Between the tall grass I could see that it was filled with purple flowers
and the green moss on the trunks was shining brightly against this purple color. I felt an instant call to go in there - away from the path.

It was like a little home of its own in there
a place surrounded by tall trees hiding it from the world.
I opened myself up to this place, walking slowly taking it all in.
...a cricket singing a soft song in the grass, the brightness of the colors flashing towards me.
When swiping my hands across the flowers and leafs, I could feel them caressing me roughly on the skin, leaving touches of both pain and tickling pleasure
The smells of the forrest , of moss and green grass, of mud and flowers were pressing strong on my soul and nearly overwhelming me.

I just walked through it silently and the moment touched me deeply
the beauty of nature and life made me cry

I have had some of these moment before, were life seems to nearly stand still. Were all colors and smells are nearly painfully beautifull and all my senses are as awake as they can ever manage to be
Its a feeling of life in its strongest ways - a total grasp of the moment.

In these moments I feel religious
but in a different way than you might think.
I feel the strong connection to the earth. I feel my belonging to it, sharing it, being a part like all of us that makes it complete.
I really felt like one with all my surroundings for a while and it left an impression on my heart.

I felt a yearn to live like this - just being close to nature - it was nearly like a calling
....and as I walked out of this place, the feeling, the smells and the colors of the forrest lingered in my heart
And when passing the same street as the previous week* ,my thoughts were quite the opposite as the last time...
I was filled up with life



*See posting last Sunday

14 comments:

  1. What kind of flower is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don`t you try and find out?
    Or somebody else who read this maybe know or can find out?
    First one who does will get a kiss (somehow they will...I promise!)
    ;)
    He, he, always nice with a littel task isnt it?
    XXX
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ If they want a kiss, that is
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have Ohio Spiderwort there:

    http://www.prairienursery.com/SpeciesASP/topage.asp

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE, he.
    Very good
    In which way do you want your kiss?
    Live? Sent in the mail? Or by thoughtmail?
    Some of the options may take a little longer time than the others
    :D
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete
  6. A kiss is a kiss to me. I'm not picky. What ever works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I`ll send you a thougth-kiss then, and give the real-life one for somebody who wants it more
    ;)
    Kisses
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd happily take a real-life kiss, but you're 4,000 miles away! I appreciate the thought-kiss, though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He, he.
    Well, I have a good friend who lives in the same city as you (Hey Chris!)
    ..so I might be visiting him some day and then give it to you in person
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am also actually thinking about going to the US soon. But cannot quite make up my mind.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh. I'll hold out for the in-person kiss. Two in the bush is worth one in the hand. Or is it the other way around? Got me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Åsa,

    Thanks for sharing your experience. : )

    Moments like that are amazing, and all the more because you can't plan on them; they happen with a life of their own, and each one has its own unique touch.

    I hope this message finds you in good spirits!

    ~ Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, yes...I seem to be in good spirits everyday now...
    But in general thats me, I don´t get down often.(silly airhead, ha ha)

    No, but seriously, thank you :)
    I am glad somebody apprechiated me telling about this, because it ment much to me doing so.
    It was my most personal post so far.

    Hugs
    Hope you are well too.
    XXX
    Aasa

    ReplyDelete