Monday, September 05, 2005

The medieval Festival of Oslo

...Was a lot of fun. I went both days it lasted. Its not as good as the one in Sweden
but still great. And I never give up an opportuneaty to walk around in medeval clotes that I have sown and designed myself.

The first day I went with Tale, a sweet and funny friend of mine(See pic)
and the second day I went with Stig, a new acquaintance, which I am starting to like more every time I meet him.

I even bought some nice thingys there.
The first day with Tale we just strolled around and took in the atmosphere, the people, the nice costumes, the surroundings.

It was also kinda fun when we went through Oslo in our costumes on our way to the festival. People were staring their eyes out and a lot of people were actually just smiling at us too, it was really nice.
I was actually considering dressing up like this on ordinary days, just for the fun and the sweet smiles.
I even forgot to bring my money on the first buss we took and some woman offered to pay for my ticket.
I am always happy when people are like that, gives me hope for this society after all....That there exits some selflessness and goodness for the fellow human being.

The second day at the festival Stig and I saw some of the happenings there.
We saw a gjoeglere as we say in Norwegian, or jesters as its called in Englishh, doing a show with juggling, fire and knives in a good medieval style. It was cool and one of the jesters was a hottie (Muhahaha)Then we listened to some storytellers doing oldfairytales. She was a good teller but I could see that she had been telling the story a lot of times.

Then we saw the tournament. And I must say any guy can look hot if you put him on a horse in a knightscostume.(maybe my twisted brain again)
I took a lot of pictures of it, it was cool.
We also got to know this kid that was awesome and funny, while we were watching the tournamanet. We eneded up having a conmpetition with him about who could break the leftovers from the knight-battles in the tiniest pieces.
Here is a picture of him forming something that looks like an anarchy A for us, with some of the smallest pieces.(his head being the circle) ha ha.

Finally wee went a littlel round and looked at all the things for sale. I boughtt a funny-lookingg medieval hat, a choker and a thingy for my ear.
Of course I haggled like an 100 year old woman from Russia, ha ha. It was a lot of fun, and I got some really good prices as well. But with haggeling the price isnt the main issue for me, its the fun of doing a theatrical display with the salesperson. (If they are poor I give them the price they wanted in the first place, when I am done with the haggeling) If its a person with humor they will go for it with me, but it semes not everybody get convinced when I tell them I have 14 starving kids at home. If you want to see more pictures, just tell me and I´ll post them.
PS: I have no photoediting program, so bare over with me with some of the bad cutting on the photos. It annoys the life out of me but too, but what can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment