Wednesday, September 28, 2005

BARCELONA

I AM IN SPAIN!
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

It was a horrible journey which started at 5:30 in the morning and ended at 00:30 in the night. Also I had to pay 460 USD in overweight on the plane. Damn, that hurt my wallet.
But the reward was great.

I have been walking around in Barcelona for a couple of hours now.
The city seems to be filled with smells, sounds and views that fills me up with all kinds of senstations.
It seems a lot of places smells like Vainilla and pastery. Ha ha ha, I really like that.

I have been walking a lot in the Gothic area today, maybe its the litte Goth part of me seeking its roots.
I am going to look for an appartement, possably in this area, I will see. When I get an apartement, I would say to any friend (real life or internet) of mine who would like to visit "Mi casa es tu casa"

The Gothic area is all narrow streets and a wonderfull "old" atmosphere. Theres all kinds of people going around in the streets. Punks, artists, business woman, all kinds in a good mix. Its like a European New York.
The atmosphere is vibrant and alive and people look you in the eyes when they pass you in the street. I am not used to that, coming from the cold, introverted Norway, where people look at you when you look in a different direction.
I love this streightforwardness.
This might just be my kind of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment