Thursday, October 20, 2005

Photos (Click on them to see them larger and in original size)


Today we got feedback on out very first photo assignment and I was stunned, totally stunned.
I thought I had done something mediocer, bordering to bad, cause as the procatinator-master that I am I started two days before delivery, even thought we had had 14 days to do the assignment....
......but I got a lot of bragging and he gave me one of the very best grades for it.
I was puzzeled, yet happy.
Next time I am going to put even more work into it, and start earlier
...
I think
Ha ha!
....
The assignment was a little boring, like take a photo of a landscape etc, so these pics are not very interesting.
They are just "pretty", but I am posting a few of them anyway, since they are my very first photos in my new school.

The first one with the birds are an exercise in using quick exposure time to capture movement.

The second a landscape photo

The third was a pretty difficult one. One has to set the closure speed on pretty slow and move the camery with the object that is photographed in the same speed as the movement of the object. This is to get the background looking like "speed lines" emphesising the movement of the object. The difficult part is to get the object in focus, with such a long exposuretime (around 8) Try it out, its fun but hard.

The fourth one was supposed to be a situation with people in it.

I found this peculiar situation on the subway that I thought was pretty cute. The way they all were totally obsorbed in the reading, sitting in a way that made the composition on its own, was pretty funny

The fifth picture is just an exercise to take a picture of something black.
You might think that sounds very easy, but very often its not. Especially outside if the light is bright, as it was the day I took this picture.
It can be difficult finding the right exposuretime and f.stop to capture the true color as one sees it. If one has a bright contrast of light to the dark motive the difficulty gets higher. One needs a lot of light to capture the black but also needs to underexpose because of the bright light. The good thing is to find a compromise-position between the two.

The sixth picture was to be a portrait. I chose two of a friend of mine, Tale (I have posted a picture of her that she took dressing as a man, that was pretty satirical, before in this blog, for those who remember. She also studies photo. You can see it in my archives under "August", I think)
Its not very well sharpened, but the light and composition I like a lot.
The same with the black and white one of her.

In this picture I think I captuerd a very funny look on her face (that made me laugh) that I think says something like:
"I am tired and a littel kranky and try to pay attention in class so why are you bugging me with that camera"

The next picture was also supposed to be a social situation.
I just thought it looked so sweet and romantic with the old, spanish couple walking in the park holding hands, so I took a photo of them quickly.
Not a special picture, but sweet. It was also raining that day, and then its always a fuzz to not get the picture underexposed, but it went well.


The last picture I Have posted now was an excersise in capturing movement with long exposuretime. This is also a fun thing to do, and I was experimenting long, trying to get a good composition, something that si hard to control when the object your are shooting is moving.
The long exposuretime can make the background look less sharp. I dint get it perfect, but its wasnt bad either. I liked how the picture turned out in the end.

As I said, I didnt work much with these, so next time I will try to do some stuff that is more special. I hope you liked this little look into my work these days anyway

Hugs to all of you
xxx
Aasa

No comments:

Post a Comment