Saturday, October 28, 2006

Just some ponderings of today........

The world is a confusing place. You think you know you yourself, but as Socrates so brilliantly put it "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing"
The world seems to be like Peer Gynts famous onion. If you peel of a layer, there is just an other one under it. Lets hope we are not like him, being left with only the empty core when all the layers have been peeled away.
The mind is truly a tricky thing. The consciousness is even a larger enigma, at least you own, to yourself, if you ever try to go down in it.
How can I expect to truly know somebody if I don't even know myself down to the core? Is it ever possible to know yourself totally. I guess not, humans
are like the rest of the existence. A constant flow of changing energy.
Nothing disappears, it just transcends into something else. I guess the idea of something fixed is a simplification of our minds in an effort to try and see the world in an easier way. But I can understand the motifs behind such a wish. Sometimes things just look waaaay to big for a little person to handle. In those moment a world of just black and white is not that bad, ha ha. I guess if you truly stick to those beliefs, that's when you are in trouble.
When i sit down and think about these things I am only left with one answer - and that is that the only thing I really know, is that I know nothing. Its really true, Socrates was a smartass, ha ha!
Everything floats and fades and changes pattern. How could I ever grasp it? But still I try, again, and again and again!
My mind craves an answer.
My soul will never stop the search around the questions without answers.

~ Aasa

No comments:

Post a Comment