Wednesday, January 04, 2006

"Wifies" hell

I had a "reunion" with some old schoolmates yesterday
And I must say it almost felt like a near-death experience.

I sat for several hours listening to "the girlies" with rings on their fingers talking about babies, car mortages, how they are tired of that their husband just watches soccer all the time, how they were going to decorate the guestroom etc etc etc.....

I felt like I had landed in "Trivia Hell" and I was the black cheep who not only was babyless and apartementless, but worst of all - I was single without a finished education.... Mad horror!
They must have seen me as a weird alien, and I felt the same way about them.

I was timing them to see how long it would take before somebody said something actually intersting and not shallow, that didn´t have anything to do with
1: their boss
2: their breastfeeding
3: their football-obsseseed husbands (Which were guys I even wouldnt have considered if they were the last men in the universe. I would prefer singledom for eternaty instead. )
4: how much cafee they were drinking
5: possible baby-names

...but it seems it never ocurred and in the end I had to flee the crimescene, giving up.
I seem to be born to strangeness
And to me, that is a good thing
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment