Friday, January 20, 2006

Cucumbers

After spesific requests I am now going to talk about a subject I know you all have been waiting for me to treat...

I have been notified that our dearest Caru has a cucumber in his windowpost, also that this very cucumber has been lyingin this place for over three days.
On this occation I will take the opportunity to talk a little about cucumbers, while also keeping my references to this very same above mentioned object of the specimen.

The recent years it has been a lot of chages in the cucumbermarket. This varies from country to country depending on their membership in the now so well known European Union.
As an example I want to put an emphasis on Norway.
Norways has never, and will probably not for *Hopefully* a long time be a meber of this very union.
because..... and this is a terrifying fact my friends, if Norway got to be a member of this dreaded Union, it will have terrifying concequeces.
One of the consequences will be that small farmers in Norway will be unable to keep up competition, and probably will *have to pack up* as we say it in good old English.
And other will most likely be increased pollution, as the European Union has other standars for cleansing and a higher emphasis on prodution and economy.
An other result might be genemanipulated food, that will be allowed in the market. Now Norway has strict restrictions against this.
But worst off all, and I must say my pen is trembling while writing this, the cucumber would drastic change the appearance.

As we speak Nowegain cucumbers are shaped strangely. The bend and form in very direction they want. They look like natures little wonders, twisting and curling as you try to cut them up in your salad for dinner.

But if Norway enter as a member of the Eropean Union, we will all find one day, that our lives will not be as twisted and curled as it used to be.
We will all end up as Carus cucumber in the windowpost.
Strictly right, perfectly bended as all the other cucumbers have to be.
And left there for three days just to be put in a Greek salad in the end


The End

PS. There is a lot more to say about cucumbers, but as I now am in school, I think I should try and stick to business, which at the very mooment is photography.
If you want me to talk more about this very interesting and alluring subject, please notify me

No comments:

Post a Comment