Friday, November 25, 2005

Photographers

When I started photoschool instead of artschool, people said to me:
Oh, but you are wasting your talents. Everybody can do a photo, you have an artistic gift, you should use it.
When I see the works of truly great photographers I feel how wrong people are to say that.
Yes, everybody can take a photo, but everybody can also draw.
Its how you do it that matters
(For me photo is actually harder right now, a lot harder)

I am sooo bad at searching on the net
These guys have some awesome photowork, but I couldn't find the really good ones.

Miguel Rio Branco
Has a series with boxers that is great
He is awesome on color and composition

Javier Vallhonrat
Has done a photo-series taken in the nude with only light- and smoke-effects
I love the ambient and feeling it creates.
If somebody finds any of it, please give me the link

The old, but never dyeing classics:
Man Ray
Henri Cartier Bresson
Robert Mapplethorpe

I can add more of someone are interested

No comments:

Post a Comment