Monday, March 26, 2007

New photoproject

I am starting a new photo project that I am calling:
"Your beautiful weakness"

I want to take portraits of different people, asking them what they consider to be a "weak spot" for themselves, trying to capture this with the photos.
My idea behind the project is that for me a weakness is something that makes us humans
more open. It is a hole into our soul, our "real self". It is a window to who we are.
In this manner a weakness is therefore, for me, something much more beautiful than anything else.
It is something that is true and unpolished about a human being. And it also stands as a great contrast to what is mirrored as "beauty" in our western society today; the models. For me this is not beauty, but artificiality.
So I want to display and show how beautiful our weaknesses are in reality and how miss interpreted I think this is in our time through this idea.

~ Åsa

No comments:

Post a Comment