Friday, November 02, 2007

Words...

Have you ever thought about words, I mean REALLY thought about them. Seen them from an other point of view, made them loose meaning for you, until you only heard sounds. Being like a child before language, before verbal communication.

It is such an obvious thing, yet we hardly ever think about it do we? - That is is only little sounds.
And what do they really mean? Do your words mean the same as mine?
How many associations, memories, feelings do you have connected to the word:
-Love
-Hate
-Mother
-Father
-Money
-Success
-Freedom
Is your freedom the same as my freedom?
You hear my sounds but can you really hear what I am saying?
Can we really ever truly, deeply understand each other looking at it from this perspective?

"Now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then we shall see face to face. Now my knowledge is imperfect; but then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."

No comments:

Post a Comment