Sunday, November 11, 2007

Norway and snow

Hm, I am actually missing Norway today - this doesn´t occur often. I miss my friends and family quite often, but hardly ever the country itself.
But today I feel a deep longing for the cold, the snow - rolling around in it, making a snowman, sledging, the frosty forests, iced waters, or just getting inside the house, curling up with cold feet and warm cacao while its snowing outside.
Skiing with my mother gazing at the lights from a little cottage where they sell waffles. You see it far away the windows blinking like a little lightbug in the darkness. Cuddling up in front of their fireplace with soar feet and a wonderfully aching body.
oh oh oh, it is nice nice nice. And xmas, with the Norway winter darkness early in the day, dropping down on you like a soothing, protective velvet duvet.

No comments:

Post a Comment