Friday, December 29, 2006

stars

I ran through the forest, felt the soft and cold touch of the winter night.
In my mind the old symbols whispered through me, and came out as figures in the dark.
An animal cried out so softly from a hill, the spirits of the forest whispered in my mind.
I left the path and got lost behind the trees. Without a road, I was walking, between the smell of wet leaves. In the shimmering dew from an old oak tree I sat down.
I could feel the old symbols coming to me, touching who I was, deeply. I could see her white feet, glimmering in the dark night, like moonlight. She bore red berries in her hair, and leaves she carried as a bouquet, as if it was her wedding day. I could feel his presence behind a rock, he was standing there, watching me, silently. This is the night when you can return. This is the night you can remember. Don't forget. This is the night you can live the life of your fantasies. They made love in the wet grass. A unity of the powers from within. The meltdown of the opposites, creating a balance. The world is what you see. In your eyes you create your own life. Which life do you choose it to be?

Run out in the night
~ Aasa

I got this from somebody today:
I could ask thousands of questions, but I will start with 1!
In your opinion: Does humanity need a god/ess?
and it inspired me to make this post.


These are just a few of my thoughts about this. Take it or leave it as you want, it is just an opinion among 10000. I think, that many people need religion as a subject of comfort or worship. To me, this is a false need, created out of dependency. We all have some dependant behaviour in one way or an other, it is normal human behavior. If we understand that we can stand alone and have the strength to do so, these needs disappear. But this is a long journey. Also, our times seem to idealize "the couple" and finding "true love", it has become an ideal for our lives. I think this is a very damaging way of thinking. It undermines our own strenghts and abilities to grow on our own. No, I don't think humanity needs a god/ess, but on the other hand, we do need what a god/ess symbolizes. But this we can get through other channels We need symbolism, dreams and fantasy. We need physical expression of passages in life, we need rites and celebrations and manifestations of our journeys as humans. We need symbolism because it is the language of our deeper beings. Because our subconscious minds speaks in these ways to us. I think the mind speaks in symbols and riddles, in the language of the dreams. Words are a way to communicate, but something is lost in them. This we can find in the language which dreams are made of. We need rites and expressions of our mythical minds. We also need these things to not let our souls wither. These things give us life, it wakens us up, it makes us remember to live and burst out of the dangerous death called "habit" This is something that has been quite forgotten in our time. The thing is, we get our stories, symbols, and fantasy now. We get them every day, and as much as we want them. The problem is, we are getting them passively, through TV. This is the new channel to our minds. In our times we do not have to participate in the creation of something that has nurtured the minds of humans for thousands of years We just receive it. There is no creativity made on our own behalf in such a proses. We are just watchers, not creators.

No comments:

Post a Comment