Saturday, October 09, 2010

What is real???

Not what you wish for
Not what you want
Not how your loved ones describes it
Or how the world proclaims it
Not how your heroes speak of it
or how you dreamed of it as a child
Not how your parents told you it was
Or how your daydreams made it look like

Reality can come in many shapes
That makes your mind belive them
Cutting through it all
can be the task of a lifetime
Sometimes you want something so much
that you are unable to see the truth
To tell yourself a "truth" is easier
than to realize what really is

Its so hard to be human sometimes
Its so hard to stay true
But I must, how can I not try? To not try would be to live a lie

Use your eyes and see behind the veil
Let go and posess what is real

2 comments:

  1. maybe i have a suggestion to ask, and a norwegian who always posts about books is probably the best in this case... :)
    the first of 6 books by Karl Ove Knausgård (that i confess i don't know) has just been published in my country.
    before beginning what seems to be a great work (for a reader too), maybe you can tell me if it's really worth it. thanks
    toki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know, I actually haven't read these yet. There is a lot of fuss about them though, and people say they actually are really really good. I am sorry that I cannot help you there. But I would at least try out the first one to see if I were you. They claim they are such a revolution in the way he is writing, so it would probably be interesting no matter what, just to see if they are right :-) Good read!

    ReplyDelete